Fall 2020: Call to Artists
Thank you for your interest in Rockland Residency! Please apply below using "Submit" button.
- 2 1/2-week Residency dates: Oct 5-22, 2020
- 10 artists accepted, 21+
- Diverse Selection Committee regarding race, sexual orientation, age and artistic genre
- Supporting writers, musicians, performance, and visual artists, including ceramics studio and woodshop facilities
- Free accommodations, studio and chef-prepared dinners
- Location: Olympic Peninsula in Northwestern Washington State, USA, 15-acres of woods and lake access with mountain views
Rockland Woods, located in rural Bremerton, WA, on the Kitsap peninsula, will host the Fall 2020 residency for inter/national and local artists working as writers, musicians, visual, performance and/or social practice and more. This 2-week residency will offer free accommodations, studios and chef-prepared dinners to 10 residents selected by a diverse committee in terms of race, sexual orientation, age and artistic genre. Rockland strives to support traditionally marginalized groups and provide opportunity to dedicated artists with exceptionally strong work samples. Resumes are not required.
- Deadline: March 15, 2020
- 2 1/2-weeks: October 5-22, 2020
- Must be 21+ years of age
- $15 application fee to pay Selection Committee
- 10 Residents will work at Rockland Woods along with 1-2 staff.
- Facilities include: full woodshop, ceramic studio with 2 wheels and 2 electric kilns, studio work spaces and the Lodge with 3 large bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a kitchen. 3 private Canvas-walled tents serve as live/work spaces. Wood stove, hot tub and private outdoor bathtub provide warmth during the cold season.
- Property includes a lush 15-acre, 100-year old forest with trails, shoreline to a peaceful lake and view of Olympic Mountains.
- Residents will live communally and decide on agreeable norms regarding meals, cleaning and quiet hours.
- Rockland expects its residents to use their time in any way they believe will benefit their creative process. There are no obligations tied to this opportunity.
- Rockland reserves the right to remove any resident who does not provide an atmosphere of respect and safety for other residents and Rockland Woods.
- International artists are responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation for travel between countries. Rockland can provide a letter of purpose when necessary.
- Residents provide own travel, supplies, food, and entertainment. Rockland provides accommodations, studios, utilities, household staples and promotion.