2019 Rockland Woods Residency
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Rockland Woods Summer 2019 Residency: Artists with Children
Dates: June 23-July 13, 2019 (3 Weeks)
Rockland Woods is located in the Pacific Northwest (1 1/2 hours west of Seattle on the Kistsap Peninsula) WA, USA. Its facilities nestle in 15-acres of rich, 100-year old forest with a patch of shoreline accessing a peaceful, non-motorized lake. Five-eight artists with children will be accepted, each to occupy a large room to themselves, joining our family of 4 (2 boys 9 & 11).
Facilities and benefits:
- Childcare will be provided from 9:00 am-5:00 pm . (Possible activities: art-making, treehouse building, paddle boards, bikes, trampoline, hiking, air hockey, field trips to Hood Canal and Olympic National Park, mushroom and bird identification, archery, bowling, roller skating, swimming)
- A hired chef will prepare a buffet for lunch and dinner; residents are expected to help clean kitchen after meals on a rotating basis.
- Free studios (Ceramics facility, woodshop, sheltered/outdoor work spaces)
- Free accommodations (A Lodge with 2 spacious bedrooms, A Loft, 3 Canvas-walled tents 12' x 14')
- Each resident will present their work one evening during the residency
- If the application fee poses a financial hardship, please email us: email@example.com
- If finances are an issue, please apply anyway. Rockland will be applying for grants, but cannot guarantee access to funds at this time.
- Open to artists only with children 5 years or older. If both parents are artists, please apply as a collaborative team. We will not be accepting non-artist spouses at this time.
- Accepted artists and Rockland Staff will be given background checks.
- Applicants may be local, national and international.
- Any genre will be supported (writing, music, performance, social practice, visual) Wi-fi is extremely limited.
- Rockland supports the most competitive work samples and gives serious consideration to those from traditionally marginalized groups, as well as folks at any stage of their career (emerging or established).
- Cover Letter
- Intention during residency
- Write about a Parenting moment
- 10 Work Samples
- URL (if available)